The Intersection of Domestic and Foreign Policy

Jerusalem


Saturday, June 9, 2012

Final Thoughts



Today is the last full day of our seminar in Israel.  I have spent my time reviewing my notes from our many site visits and lectures.  My research focus for the seminar was to examine the ill-fated Roadmap to Peace in the Middle East proposed by George W. Bush in 2003.  Before our departure I submitted to Professor Ziv, my research proposal and outline.  This proposal was the result of thorough preliminary examination of the topic.  As the Seminar unfolded, however, the shape of my research proposal began to shift.  It is not that I was mistaken in my previous direction, it is simply that without being in Israel and participating in the lectures and site visits I would have only had access to a glimpse of the information I needed to truly examine the failings of Bush's Roadmap to Peace.  While reevaluating my research proposal thrusts me back to the beginning, I am excited to tackle this project with a greater depth of knowledge surrounding the topic than I ever could have hoped for had I not participated in this Seminar.  There is truly no substitute to examining your subject face to face.  I am grateful to have had this opportunity!


- Clare Gallaher

No comments:

Post a Comment